Welcome
Welcome to LUCC

This forum is for keeping up to date with and taking part in all that's going on in the club. Please register, we're all very friendly and stuff!

WWSR Course AND/OR First Aid Course

Moderators: jonhayton, President, Training Officer

WWSR Course AND/OR First Aid Course

Postby ChrisTighe » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:03 pm

Hey guys, so I've been asked by a couple of people to organise a White Water Safety and Rescue (WWSR) course and a First Aid course so I'm opening it up to the wider club!

This is what you cover in WWSR: http://www.canoe-england.org.uk/media/p ... 0Notes.pdf
Copy that into your browser!

It's an essential training course for people running rivers regular as part of a group or leading one it gives you a better understanding of how to be safe on a river and what to do if things get dangerous!

Following that there is a First Aid course is strongly recommended for all paddlers, if yours has run out or you decided you want to do it post up on here and give me an idea of whether it is a 8 or 16 hour you want to do!

Obviously these courses cost money, roughly about £150 per person for the WWSR (unless you get a last minute place) and the First aid has a wide range depending on 8 hour or 16 hour, so don't say you're interested if you know you won't have enough money to do the course as I'll end up booking it and you'll say oh no I can't any more.

Get on it! :D
ChrisTighe

Re: WWSR Course AND/OR First Aid Course

Postby RobC » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:53 pm

I'd be interested in doing a WWSR course if there's enough interest...
Cheers
Rob
RobC

Postby jonhayton » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:17 pm

I'd also like to get in on it. Think I can handle grade II and reckon this will be pretty useful
jonhayton

Postby KirstenLee » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:31 pm

Would definitely like to do this, however due to lack of monies it would have to be next term, or whenever student loan comes in. :)
KirstenLee

Return to Training