Welcome
Welcome to LUCC

This forum is for keeping up to date with and taking part in all that's going on in the club. Please register, we're all very friendly and stuff!

Buying polo paddles!!!

Private Sales, Lost and Found, Broken Club Equipment

Moderators: President, Safety Officer

Buying polo paddles!!!

Postby ChrisTighe » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:00 pm

Hey guys, talking with the old boys this weekend and a few of us are planning on buying sets of polo paddles!

If you are keen there's chance of getting a bigger discount the more of us there are!

Post here if interested in a set! I personally am planning on getting streamlyte kinetics but there may be chance for double dutches too!
ChrisTighe

Re: Buying polo paddles!!!

Postby binghama » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:01 pm

Oh god, here goes my bank balance
binghama

Postby jonhayton » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:22 pm

Tempting yes price dependant.
jonhayton

Postby Minime » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:54 am

You can get Streamlyte Kinetics with the Glass shaft for <£200 without any bulk discounts... it's over £220 for the Carbon shaft though.
Minime

Postby Lord Fear » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:33 am

Hi all,

Gareth and I will be sorting the order out between us. I am going to call the supplier in the next day or two to get more information. Before I do, it would be useful to know who is interested and how interested they are, so that I can get a rough idea of discount available for a bulk order.

Assume for now that the blades will cost in the region of £180-£230, depending on what spec you go for.

Please reply with your name and a "yes" if you are >90% sure that you will order, or a "maybe" if you are only half interested. Please reply by 9:30am tomorrow (Wednesday).

Replying will not commit you to buying, but once you decide to go ahead, I will need you to send me the money in advance before I place your order. If you don't send your money, I won't be able to order you blades and you from that point on, assume that the money is non-refundable. I will be aiming to order at the end of next week, so you you need to be in a position to have the funds available to me by lunchtime Friday 8th.

Best,

M
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity
Lord Fear

Postby binghama » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:53 pm

Yeah, I'm after some paddles. Adam Bingham is my name
binghama

Postby ChrisTighe » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:48 pm

I am interested! I assume you have included me! :/
ChrisTighe

Postby Lord Fear » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:50 pm

I have made some enquiries about bulk ordering Streamlyte Kinetics - https://www.dbxclusive.co.uk/dbx/product/20

I have called DBX and asked about whether we can get a bulk discount if enough of us buy a set of blades together and he can do us a 10% discount on the RRP for a bulk order of 5 or more. I need to call him back on Tuesday/Wednesday next week to discuss exact prices, but in the meantime, please use the 2014 prices on his website as a reasonable estimate. All prices quoted here are 2014 prices. You will be told the final price before the order is placed.

There are two prices available, depending on the shaft construction.
£197 for a glass shaft, or £229 for a carbon kevlar shaft.

If you are interested in joining in with this order, please email me back (redrosecanoepolo+treasurer@gmail.com) by Monday morning with the following:

1) Name
2) email address
3) Glass or carbon shaft (£197 or £229)
4) How likely you are to order a set (definite yes or maybe).

I will then send a follow up email to those who reply with more information to help you chose the spec/feather/length of blade that you want to order.

Best,

Matt
Lord Fear

Postby Lord Fear » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:53 pm

Adam and Chris the Cripple, can you both email in addition to replying here please. I'll not be checking this again and could do with all of the information in one place.

Thanks,

M
Lord Fear

Return to Equipment