Welcome
Welcome to LUCC

This forum is for keeping up to date with and taking part in all that's going on in the club. Please register, we're all very friendly and stuff!

Ref's Course 24th Jan

Moderators: jonhayton, President, Training Officer

Ref's Course 24th Jan

Postby LeylaPage » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:07 pm

Heyyyy ya'll so with the polo season upon us, you'll be pleased to know that we've been given the opportunity to run a ref's course! This will be highly beneficial to all players in order to gain a solid grasp of the rules, which will improve our play no end, plus you'll actually understand all those otherwise baffling hand signals.

This course will be on the 24th of January, on campus (Frankland Coll.), from 10.30 - 3pm, costing £20-25, subject to confirmation. All you have to do is sign up your name to say you're coming!
LeylaPage

Re: Ref's Course 24th Jan

Postby binghama » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:27 pm

G'won den! If I get to do the teapot stance I'll be dead happy.
binghama

Postby Sarah Creighton » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:18 pm

Can I go with potentially? It really is something that I should be doing!
Sarah Creighton

Postby Deary65 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:50 pm

Deffopants.
Deary65

Postby LeylaPage » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:18 pm

Signing up:

Leyla
Kirsten
Ben C
Jon C
LeylaPage

Postby Waldymort » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:39 pm

Me, me, me!

Hope to see some unsportsmanly behaviour so I can crack out the finger wiggle :)
Waldymort

Postby Minime » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:07 pm

Hey all,

Confirmation of the course details are done: It will still be in the Frankland Coll, but starting at 11am Sharp and will cost £16 per person. I would advise everyone who plays polo to do it, even if you're never going to Ref as it will help with your understanding of the rules.

Here is a copy of the final details email for you:
HHHAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIYYYYYY all,

The details for the Ref's course have been finalised and here they are, please forward this to all your members who would like to attend.

Date & Time: 24th January starting 11am sharp and should be finished for 3.30pm.

Location: Lancaster University LA1 4YW in the Frankland Colloquium Room (the Colloquium Room is part of the Frankland Lecture theatre Number 27 on the attached Campus map)

Cost: £16 - This includes, the course, a whistle, cards, Scrutineer gauge and a Current BCUseless rule book. (please bring cash or a cheque and you will be advised who it's to be payable to on arrival)

Course Prerequisites: It is expected that everyone attending a Ref Theory Course has read the current BCUseless Rule book, this is attached for you in PDF format, and has at least a basic understanding of the rules.

What you need to bring with you: Pen/pencil, notepad and a positive learning attitude :)

What I need from you:
By the 19th Jan I need a full list of all your members who are intending on coming for the course including:
1. Their full name
2. Their Canoe Club Affiliation
3. Preferably an individual contact email address (but this can be done through the club captains if preferred)

Cheers

the man in leather
Minime

Return to Training