Welcome
Welcome to LUCC

This forum is for keeping up to date with and taking part in all that's going on in the club. Please register, we're all very friendly and stuff!

NSR 2016!!!

Moderators: President, Polo Sec, Comp Sec

NSR 2016!!!

Postby KirstenLee » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:57 pm

Hey everyone,
One of the biggest kayaking events of the year is coming up - the National Student Rodeo! The event will run over the weekend 4th - 6th of March at HPP (Nottingham). This is one of the most fun, drunken weekends of the calendar, and you can win some great prizes in the process (including new boats)! You don't need to know anything about freestyle to take part, as the K1 is open to all (plus beginners get the best prizes), and there'll be plenty of opportunities for you guys to try out different boats, with plenty of safety around if you do take a cheeky dip.

The theme this year is CHRISTMAS, so if you have any suggestions for a group costume let me know. :)

NSR safety crew members NEED to sign up as well!

If you need some incentive watch a club video of NSR from a couple of years ago (you might recognize a couple of familiar faces!) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zkv8lEXnask.

There is a K1 event, duo event, old school event etc. (full details below the post). We will travel there on the Friday and camp there on Friday and Saturday night.

Sign up with (please don't just put 'yep', that's really annoying and not helpful for this one):
-Name:
-Mobile number:
-Email address:
-Purple Card/ LUSU Number:
-Level of Experience:
-If you are able to drive on the day and how many people/boats you can take:
-What kit will you need:
-Require transport: Y/N
-On-campus or off-campus pick up:
-Ticket type (Festival/ Competition):
-What event you want entering into (if you would like a competition ticket):
-Whether you have any dietary requirements:

Costs of the weekend are as follows:
Comp, Camp and Party £56
Camp and Party £55
Extra Event £5
Friday food £6
Hoodies £21
T-shirts £10
Fuel costs will be on top of this cost and will be around £20.

If you have any questions please ask me :) Kirsten

The events are detailed below:

Extreme Slalom

Everyone with a competition weekend ticket is automatically entered into this general competition and will be given a start time. On the Saturday morning, everyone will take part in the extreme slalom. There will be a number of tasks on your way down the course that will allow the judges to place everyone into beginner, intermediate and advanced categories for both the mens' and womens' events. The great majority of entrants will be entering the K1 competitions, which is why we need to impose some skill-based order !

Being on the water in time is critical to the smooth running of the event, so if you may be arriving late at HPP, make sure the organisers know in plenty of time before the times are allocated (ie. by the time registration closes).

K1

The K1 event (for solo kayaks), being the biggest, will be split into beginners', intermediate and advanced as well as by gender. The events will then be judged in relation to the level. Beginners will try to wow the judges with crowd pleasers, intermediates will show off old and new skool moves to gain points and the advanced competitions will be judged like any standard freestyle contest. Points may also be awarded for on-river fancy dress !

C1

There will be at least one C1 freestyle heat and more depending on interest, in which case levels will, as for the K1, be determined by the Extreme slalom. Points will be awarded for old and new skool moves, as well as style.

Squirt

There will again be at least one squirt boobies heat, and more depending on interest. Points will be awarded as at any standard squirt event.

Duo

Entries are 'per boat' and each University may enter up to two Duos. There will be BoaterX style races down the course to determine who will make it through to the final round which will be held in the looping pool, where points wil be awarded for anything and everything at the judges' discretion. Only enter one paddler's name per Duo in online registration.

"Old Skool" open event

Anyone 18 or over may participate in the Old Skool event. All that is required is a pre-2000 boat and the more retro the kit, the better. Points will be awarded for any old or new school moves you can throw! Registration for the open event is separate from University Club registration, but if you do enter both, please drop us an email so that we know not to count you twice when calculating total numbers (which are strictly capped by the course).
KirstenLee

Re: NSR 2016!!!

Postby ChrisTighe » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:19 pm

Name: Christopher Tighe
-Mobile number: 07543Six one one 935
-Email address: [email protected]
-Purple Card/ LUSU Number: 1105882
-Level of Experience: Ecksperiensd
-If you are able to drive on the day and how many people/boats you can take: Oui, full roof
-What kit will you need: Nun
-Require transport: Nein
-Ticket type (Festival/ Competition): Festival!
-What event you want entering into (if you would like a competition ticket):
-Whether you have any dietary requirements: Lots off fud!
ChrisTighe

Postby jonhayton » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:56 pm

Name: Jonathan Hayton
-Mobile number: Zero79oo89o243
-Purple Card/ LUSU Number: 1206563
-Level of Experience: Play boats make me swim!
-If you are able to drive on the day and how many people/boats you can take: Yup, 4
-What kit will you need: Nada
-Require transport: Sedan chair would be nice
-Ticket type (Festival/ Competition): Comps
-What event you want entering into (if you would like a competition ticket): K1, Duo if someone will come
-Whether you have any dietary requirements: The finest Kobe Beef
jonhayton

Postby Mikaa » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:39 pm

North Face Rollason
[email protected]
Level of XP: Lean n' mean
Got no car loik.
Just need nuthin
-Require transport: yes
off-campus pick up
-Ticket type (Festival/ Competition): Comp
-What event you want entering into (if you would like a competition ticket): K1, up for duo/oldskool (dad has some oldskool kit i might be able to nick)
-Whether you have any dietary requirements: not too heavy on the salt
Mikaa

Postby julietlobley » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:26 pm

-Name: Pooliet Lobley
-Mobile number: 07955674776
-Purple Card/ LUSU Number: 1414467
-Level of Experience: Fairly useless
-If you are able to drive on the day and how many people/boats you can take: Nope
-What kit will you need: Boat and paddle
-Require transport: Y
-On-campus or off-campus pick up: On campus
-Ticket type (Festival/ Competition): Comp
-What event you want entering into (if you would like a competition ticket): K1
-Whether you have any dietary requirements: Nope
julietlobley
Site Admin

Postby RosieSparks » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:32 pm

-Name: Rosie Sparks
-Mobile number: 07757966903
-Purple Card/ LUSU Number:

-What kit will you need: none
-Off-campus pick up
-Ticket type: Festival, but I believe my ticket is free (ask Gareth!)
Dietary requirements: Vegetarian

Definitely want to go to the party, have food on Friday, and would also like a T-shirt (size medium?) But again am unsure how costs masturbation for me, but have signed up as I need transport :D

X
RosieSparks

Postby markscallan » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:24 pm

Sign up with (please don't just put 'yep', that's really annoying and not helpful for this one):
-Name: Mark Scallan
-Mobile number: 07806592744
-Purple Card/ LUSU Number: 1302108
-Level of Experience: no
-If you are able to drive on the day and how many people/boats you can take: no
-What kit will you need: all
-Require transport: yes
-On-campus or off-campus pick up: off
-Ticket type (Festival/ Competition): comp
-What event you want entering into (if you would like a competition ticket): k1
-Whether you have any dietary requirements: no
markscallan

Postby Tom Street » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:46 pm

Name:Tom Street
-Mobile number:07973425199
-Email address:[email protected]
-Purple Card/ LUSU Number:1414763
-Level of Experience:not bad
-If you are able to drive on the day and how many people/boats you can take: yep, 4 people and 4 boats
-What kit will you need: none
-Require transport: N
-On-campus or off-campus pick up: on campus
-Ticket type (Festival/ Competition): comp
-What event you want entering into (if you would like a competition ticket): k1 and duo (if someone wants to join me)
-Whether you have any dietary requirements: nope
Tom Street

Postby Daniel Lamb » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:01 pm

-Name: dan lamb
-Mobile number: 07721952312
-Email address:[email protected]
-Purple Card/ LUSU Number:1402861
-Level of Experience: ok
-If you are able to drive on the day and how many people/boats you can take: nope
-What kit will you need: got a boat will nee the rest
-On-campus or off-campus pick up: off havelock street
-Ticket type (Festival/ Competition):comp
-What event you want entering into (if you would like a competition ticket): not sure k1 i guess
-Whether you have any dietary requirements: no nuts
Daniel Lamb

Postby Gareth » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:54 am

RosieSparks wrote:-Ticket type: Festival, but I believe my ticket is free (ask Gareth!)

Definitely want to go to the party, have food on Friday, and would also like a T-shirt (size medium?) But again am unsure how costs masturbation for me, but have signed up as I need transport :D
X

Rosie, may be easier if you get your t-shirt through the safety team, we will be sorting this all out soon.

A reminder to anyone who is on safety - if you are competing, please buy a full ticket through the club, if you are not competing, please buy your ticket through the safety team.
Gareth

Next

Return to Competitions