Welcome
Welcome to LUCC

This forum is for keeping up to date with and taking part in all that's going on in the club. Please register, we're all very friendly and stuff!

BUCKS Wild Water Race 19th/20th November

Moderators: President, Polo Sec, Comp Sec

BUCKS Wild Water Race 19th/20th November

Postby KirstenLee » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:28 pm

Hey Everyone!

So it's time for the first BUCKS event of the year - wild water race. If you've raced before, want the opportunity to represent the University (and possibly win BUCKS points), or would like to give it a go then this is for you! This one's by far the easiest (we got a bronze medal last year!), the aim is to paddle as fast as you can down a grade 2/3 river without taking a swim! This one's open to anyone to sign up, although I will have to check that you're happy on at least some form of white water before I put you down on the entry.

When? 19th/20th November 2016
Where? River Washburn, Yorkshire

The best bit - it should all be covered by LUSU, so you don't need to pay a thing! :)

The event runs over 2 days, but it's up to you what you want to compete in, and we'll try and arrange transport to fit what everyone wants to enter! Please see below the post for the details of the disciplines (and if you're not sure what most of them are, just put K1 down and that'll be fine). As long as there are enough people, you'll be automatically entered in the team event.

Sign up closes on Friday 28th, so please get your names down before then if you do want to compete!

Name:
LUSU Number:
Email address:
Kit needed (helmet, BA, wetsuit, cag, paddle, deeeick, boat):
Events you wish to enter:

Any questions, just ask,
Kirsten :)

Championships you can enter:
Men’s K1 Championship (K1M - All types of K1 kayak allowed, see equipment rules below)
Women’s K1 Championship (K1W - All types of K1 kayak allowed, see equipment rules below)
Men’s C1 Championship (C1M - All types of C1 closed-cockpit 1-person canoe allowed)
Women’s C1 Championship (C1W - All types of C1 closed-cockpit 1-person canoe allowed)
Open C2 Championship (C2 - Event open to both men and women. All types of C2 closed-cockpit 2-person canoe allowed)
Men’s K1 Sprint Championship (K1Ms - All types of K1 kayak allowed, see equipment rules below)
Women’s K1 Sprint Championship (K1Ws - All types of K1 kayak allowed, see equipment rules below)
Men’s C1 Sprint Championship (C1Ms - All types of C1 closed-cockpit 1-person canoe allowed)
Women’s C1 Sprint Championship (C1Ws - All types of C1 closed-cockpit 1-person canoe allowed)
Open C2 Sprint Championship (C2s - Event open to both men and women. All types of C2 closed-cockpit, 2-person canoe allowed.)
Open Team Championship (Classic Only)
Mixed Team Championship (Classic Only)

For more info, go to - http://www.BUCKS.org.uk/page.asp?section ... mpionships
KirstenLee

Re: BUCKS Wild Water Race 19th/20th November

Postby ChrisTighe » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:39 am

Name: Crip Chris the Cripple
LUSU Number: 1105882
Email address: c.tighe1ATLancaster.ac.uk
Kit needed (helmet, BA, wetsuit, cag, paddle, deeeick, boat): Boats
Events you wish to enter: K1, C1, Team and Sprint but only if there's a couple people otherwise not worth staying over.
ChrisTighe

Postby KirstenLee » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:52 pm

Okay so these are the entries I have - please let me know if they're wrong before 12pm on Wednesday the 2nd November.

Please bear in mind that the classic is on the Saturday and the sprint is on the Sunday. The cost of camping (including a hot meal, and access to hot showers and a dry building to shelter in until it's bedtime etc.) will be £11, as the club is kindly subsidising the rest of the cost that is being charged (it was initially an extortionate £21). However, that still means it's only £11 for a full weekend because fuel and entries are covered! If you would rather only do one day, please let me know. Regardless, there will be transport for you.

Men

Crip Chris the Cripple - classic K1 men individual, open team (Classic), K1 men sprint, C1 men sprint (CAMPING)
Daniel Lamb - classic K1 men individual, open team (Classic), K1 men sprint (CAMPING)
Jonathan Hayton - classic K1 men individual, open team (Classic)
Ben 9"scourfeast - classic K1 men individual, K1 men sprint (CAMPING)
Iain Embrey - K1 men sprint, C1 men sprint

Women

Maria Ege - classic K1 women individual, mixed team (Classic)
Pooliet Lobley - classic K1 women individual, mixed team (Classic), K1 women sprint (CAMPING)
Kirsten Lee - classic K1 women individual, mixed team (Classic), K1 women sprint (CAMPING)

Remember, you only have until tomorrow to tell me if any of these entries are incorrect!

Any questions, as usual, just ask,

Kirsten :) xx
KirstenLee

Postby Mark Robinson » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:13 am

A ghost from the past returns! (aka I'm an old git),

For those of you camping (and I'm happy to see there's a few of you this year) there's a pirate themed party at the campsite in case you haven't been told.

Smile and wave when you pass us stood on the bank slowly freezing looking longingly for swimmers.
Mark Robinson

Postby KirstenLee » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:36 pm

Plan for next weekend:

driver 1: Jon
Chris the Cripple
Ben S
Maria
Kit: any kit needed for individuals (please speak to each other!), 3 x slalom K1, 1 x slalom C1

Driver 2: Kirsten
Pooliet
Dan L (to return with Chris the Cripple/Jon)
Iain (on return journey only)
Kit: any kit needed for individuals (please speak to me!), 2 x WWR

Please remember that you will need a K1 deeeick (these are kept in slaidburn), so if you don't have one let me know!
Bring lots of layers and food - free tea, coffee and hot chocolate is provided on site to keep you warm as well.

Practice starts at 8:30 I think so we will need to leave Lancaster at 6:45 latest. (This could change as race info isn't out yet).
Please liase with drivers regarding pick up times.
Drivers need to liaise with each other to discuss picking up boats.

Any Questions, please let me know,

Kirsten :-)
KirstenLee

Return to Competitions